As we wrap up the wild year of 2021, I’m reflecting on a lot of good things that I learned and absorbed this year. And I’m looking forward to next year. If you don’t know, I love to read books and learn. In my family, we always exchange books every Christmas so I have a few good ones on my nightstand I’m sure I’ll add to next years list.
Here are some of my favorite books and podcasts of this year. In no particular order but organized by type:
- Somebody’s Daughter by Ashley C. Ford
- Call of the Wild by Kimberly Ann Johnson
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert – I read this book every couple of years because it’s ignites creativity it me and reminds me that the creative process is crucial for our very beingness.
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- The Last Apothocary by Sarah Penner
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings by Dr. Laura Markham
- Move Your DNA with Katy Bowman
- We Can Do Hard Things with Glennon Doyle
- Duncan Trussel Family hour
- Sex, Birth, & Trauma Podcast with Kimberly Ann Johnson
- Parenting After Trauma with Robyn Gobbel
I love podcasts because they make everyday life seem like everyone else’s everyday life.
The New Year brings reflection and contemplation to readjust your sights on what you find important. I was able to reopen, reconfigure this company, reconnect with family who moved back to the Midwest, and spend some quality time with my family. This year has been challenging. And I’m hesitant to get too wild with predictions for next year. I will say that I hope to bring light to the trauma we’ve all been subtly or greatly experiencing. And by bringing light, I mean processing through it because we’ve all been feeling some degree of WTF.