I am no longer accepting tips in 2023. This is something I’ve wanted to create for years but now seems like the right time.
A little more to understand this change:
- Tipping doesn’t really mean what it used to mean so it usually ends up in an awkward transaction.
- I have heard people become overwhelmed by the costs that incur from such services. Now, you will know exactly what it will cost to come see me.
- Massage Therapy is considered a personal service (which usually accepts tips) but we’re also adjacent to healthcare and it doesn’t seem appropriate to accept tips while working with your well-being.
- That being said, I don’t (nor do I want to start) change our treatment based on a tip so I would rather accept what I need to ensure my craft stays pure.
- An alternative tip, if you feel compelled which I know some will, is a google review or referral. I also love used books and chocolate!
- There is also this and this.
And if you’ve given me a tip in the past, I have always appreciated it—thank you!
Here is why any of this is hard. I recognize the growing gap between what my beloved clients are bringing home. It has always been my desire to bring therapeutic quality treatments to all people and not only those with endless means. To bridge that gap, I created a new program.
Introducing: the sliding scale session
This will only be available for 3 sessions per month and will be turned off after that. It is the therapists discretion whether they offer more than 3 sliding scale sessions. The sliding scale will be ‘pay what you can’ starting at $80.
30 Minute sessions:
However, I also recognize that this may not be enough, so we have also started to offer 30 min sessions of Hot Ashi for $50 to fill in any of the gaps of your care you may be missing. You’re welcome to schedule this stand alone appointment by itself or in addition to your regularly scheduled session.
This is a guided self-massage session where we navigate your trouble spots and areas of pain. I teach you ways to use an available-for-purchase SMT (self massage tool) to use at home or in between sessions. This is for pain relief. This session directly works with fascia and pain. If you experience connective tissue pain (like me) or curious about hyper mobility or EDS, consider this brief yet highly effective option. All of these can be found under the Barefoot Massage tab in our scheduler. And of course, if these are still beyond what you can afford, please reach out to discuss. I want to see you receiving some kind of care. I also want to respect your privacy, anyone is welcome to schedule the Pay What You Can Session and it won’t be mentioned in the appointment.
There is also a need for Guest Clients
I am also still teaching Barefoot Massage to other therapists across the country. I also need people who have received this work from myself to give detailed feedback for the students. You can sign up to be on that list here.
I hope this is helpful for you and your family. I look forward to a new year with expansive possibilities in love, health, and wealth.