Simply put, we’re moving our location. Temporarily for now and we’ll be looking for a permanent location once it is safe.
Don’t worry, we are no strangers to moving. Read our history.
This has been one of the most challenging decisions to make. It’s the last thing I would have thought was going to consider in 2020.
Here are a few things that led to this decision. (in no particular order)
- If people are creating “contactless payment” options for checking out, how can I justify touching you for an hour?
- Research is now showing the virus is spread through exposure and time. We spend a lot of time with our clients and we’re not willing to decrease that.
- The building at 3104 Sutton had many issues that would not allow for the recommended ventilaion and sanitation.
- I can’t in good-faith believe that the staff, the clients, or our students are safe. In MO, our numbers are still rising.
- Many of the recommended sanitation products and PPE are still unavailable.
- Our effectiveness relies on our ability to incorporate safety and relaxation. Many of the new protocols are not allowing for the true relaxation to occur. I understand that many of our clients are in pain and a massage would be beneficial (I am one of these people) but I assure you the full picture paints a very different picture.
- The COVID-19 may be a vascular disease and if that is the case, that directly effects our work. Blood clots have always been the main concern with health and massage therapy. That is why we’ve always asked screening questions about blood pressure, history of blood clots, and/or circulatory conditions. This could be what we’re dealing with.
- Our staff is all in agreement with this decision. This also allows them to continue to receive the benefits of being furloughed during this time.
All of this to say, we want to provide the safest and most effective session and we’re not 100% sure that’s possible, right now. And because business world still require their business to continue regardless of a pandemic, we found it best to put our company in a storage unit until it is safe. We will then find a new location to open and operate. I hope that time is sooner than later. And there’s reason to believe that’s possible as we’re learning new information everyday about this peculiar virus.
You may be wondering, “when do you plan to open?” The honest answer is, I’m not sure. But I know we’re learning more and more everyday. I don’t want to put something definitive like “when there’s a vaccine” because I don’t believe that’s the only thing that will keep us healthy. I know that now is not the time.
In the meantime, we have online appointments. I would love for you to try this out. This is no replacement for feet-on, deep & delicious pressure you’re used to. But this is a great alternative until we can get back to our bars!
At this time, we are not considering special circumstances or home visits. That may be something we consider in the future as we ease into re-opening. Stay tuned here, on our newsletter, and on our social media to know what’s going on. And- of course, you’re always welcome to text or email us.
Facebook Live every Friday at 530p.
I appreciate every one of you. I miss you and I hope I can help you while we’re amidst social distancing.
Other things to consider (especially for students and other professional massage therapists).
And: Somatic Sole Stands with our community of People of Color and the Black Lives Matter Movement.